575824802_1280x720

Fitbit adds shining Pebble Tech to its IP portfolio

The speculation over Fitbit’s acquisition of Pebble came to an end last week when Fitbit officially announced its acquisition of key personnel and intellectual property from the smart watch maker. A majority of the acquired IP is based on software and firmware development technologies, which is likely to help Fitbit accelerate its growth in the wearable fitness devices market. Pebble, […]

Featured image source: http://a.abcnews.com/images/Technology/HT_LG_OLED_panel_lpl_131007_16x9_992.jpg

Smartphones that can Roll into a Scroll

If you thought televisions were the only ones to say goodbye to flat screens, then here’s more. Mobile phones are also gearing up to bid adieu to the flat surfaced display and welcome a new era of flexi screens! Powered by OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology, flexible display screens are being manufactured for smartphones. This has industry analysts predicting the […]

Featured image source: https://pixabay.com/en/gaui-multicopter-quadrocopter-drone-1427899/

Drones Hitch Rides, Scream & Relax

Anatole France, a famous French poet once said, “The future is hidden even from those who make it”. Nothing could be more perfectly stated for the essence of this blog post. Did you know that the first unmanned aerial vehicle, or UAV as we know it, was flown in 1849 by Austrians to attack the Italian city of Venice in […]

Featured image source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Roof_of_black_bricks_under_sun.jpg#

Tesla’s Solar Roof: Tech Innovation, Investment Bait or Media Hype?

The Universal Studio on October 31st witnessed Tesla’s dream of powering the world through sustainable energy taking a step ahead with the unveiling of a solar roof. CEO Elon Musk introduced to the world how Tesla has been planning to harvest solar energy. If the traditional roof top solar panels come to your mind when I say solar roof, you […]

Featured image source: https://pixabay.com/en/smartphone-face-man-old-baby-1790833/

Virtually Daydream with the Android Nougat

Virtual Reality is all set to make a grand entry into your Smartphone with Google’s Daydream. While Google has already made its Pixel phones Daydream compatible, several of its partner manufacturers such as Samsung, HTC, LG, Xiaomi, Huawei, ZTE, Asus and Alcatel will feature the latest Android Nougat OS that is Dreamview compatible. This means that movies, YouTube videos, games […]

Featured image source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Gabriel_Caste_Futuristic.jpg

Smart Contact Lens & Smartphones join hands for Future Tech

Technology is evolving at a rapid pace and electronics is playing a vital role. Electronics is in fact becoming ubiquitous in every walk of life. In the last two decades, the impact of electronics on industrial and consumer applications has been so enormous that it has taken the world to a different level altogether. After transforming regular phones to Smart […]

Featured image source: http://www.aerenip.com/images/slide-pic.jpg

Why Should You Kill Patents?

Renewing a patent is a major decision that individual patent assignees and companies need to make. Generally, utility patents expire after 20 years from the application filing date if the maintenance fee is not paid, thus no longer protecting it from enforcement. Nearly all patent application owners have limited budgets for patent validations and renewals. Hence, their primary consideration is […]

Featured image source: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/13CHJehqqGs/maxresdefault.jpg

FPGA: Your Hypercomputer Password

The Cisco Global Cloud Index has predicted a three-fold increase in data center traffic by 2019. In addition, the world is likely to witness processing of about 86% of workload at cloud data centers, while the remaining 14% will be processed at traditional data centers. The ever increasing demand from individuals and enterprises has evolved the need of hyperscale infrastructure. […]

Source: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wHeKRsagTZc/maxresdefault.jpg

Feel Music Course Through Your Veins

It looks like a backpack but it’s a woofer. You wear it on your back and feel the magic of music course through your veins. This is nothing out of a sci-fi feature but a musical backpack designed and created by Canadian company SubPac. SubPac has created a tactile audio technology that transfers low frequencies of music being played into […]

Featured image source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/Fly-Angel.jpg

The Great Indian Reluctance to Patent

The patent system has historically been portrayed by its proponents as neutral and devoid of any moral or ethical values. However, over the years, the arguably neutral patent system has increasingly moral and ethical issues. The idea behind introducing monopoly rights through the patent system was to encourage the inventor to disclose his invention to the public without fear of […]