Testing of accused products in a patent litigation often provides good insights and in most cases good evidence of infringement (or non-infringement as the case may be), as long as the testing process is both relevant and reliable. Product testing in a patent litigation requires a clear understanding of patents-in-suit, claim limitations, the infringement theory and contentions.
Our engineers have access to third-party testing laboratories and test simulators to help unearth evidence of use. We can subsequently tie it to the larger evidence stream found from source code and technical documentations during fact-discovery and support the expert’s conclusion.
Product testing can be especially useful in unearthing evidence from various telecommunication devices, protocols and standards. We can carry out different tests across various abstraction layers in the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model using industry standard test equipments such as Airpcap adaptor, Iperf, Wireshark and Fiddler.
Data Link Layer
- Standard compliance testing (3GPP, 3GPP2)
- Testing of WCDMA/UMTS radio parameters
- Testing of CDMA2000 RevA/RevB, CDMA 95 radio parameters
- Packet/ Frame analysis
- Standard Conformance testing
- 2G (EDGE), 3G (HSPA, HSPA+), 4G LTE, CDMA (CDMA2000 RevA/RevB) radio parameters analysis
- Scenario testing – simulation of communication response between UE & base station: